Middle distance runner and American 800m record holder, Donavan Brazier, joins us live from Las Vegas!
Name: Donavan Brazier
Sport: Track and Field
Birthplace: Grand Rapids, Mich.
Hometown: Grand Rapids, Mich.
High School: Kenowa Hills High School (Grand Rapids, Mich.) ‘15
College: Texas A&M University, College Station ‘19
Team/Club: Nike Oregon Project
World Athletics Championships
- 2019 IAAF World Outdoor Championships, gold (800m) - American, Championship Record
- 2019 IAAF World Relays, gold (Mixed 2x2x400m)
- 2018 IAAF World Indoor Championships, H2 DQ (800m)
- 2017 IAAF World Outdoor Championships, Semi-finalist (800m)
Other Career Highlights
- 2022 Millrose Games, 3rd (400m)
- 2021 New Balance Indoor Grand Prix, first (800m) - American Record
- 2019 Toyota USATF Indoor Championships, gold (600m) - World Best, American Best
- 2019 Toyota USATF Outdoor Championships, gold (800m)
- 2018 USATF Indoor Championships, gold (800m)
- 2017 USATF Outdoor Championships, gold (800m)
- 2017 USATF Indoor Championships, gold (800m) - American Record
- 2016 NCAA Outdoor Championships, gold (800m)
- 2016 U.S. Olympic Trials (800m)
Son of Johnny Brazier and Jennifer Pennington…Has two siblings, Dominic and Hailey…Loves fishing...Became the first American man to win a Diamond League 800m title, narrowly missing the American record with a stunning 1:42.70 come from behind win...The time was only .1 second short of the 1:42.60 American record set in 1985 by Johnny Gray and the third-fastest time ever by a U.S. runner...Set the outdoor American and World Athletics Championship record in winning gold in Doha in 1:42.32...Brazier broke the indoor American 800m record clocking 1:44.21 in February 2021 at the New Balance Indoor Grand Prix.
About On Track & Field Podcast
By On Track & Field, Inc
The weekly On Track Podcast, hosted by Coach J.T. Ayers, covers all things Track & Field and Cross Country. Listen to some of the most respected coaches in the world, hear from the biggest athletes in the sport and keep up to date with the leading trends in training. New episodes drop every Tuesday morning!
Subscribe to the podcast: podcasters.spotify.com